National Card and Letter Writing Month

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ZyEXRdl-HXpI7zlu4BMSGJS4EpGSyhxo

It’s time. Time to get my ass in gear. I’m using April’s National Card and Letter Writing Month as another excuse (as if having letters written and received in December sitting in my pile wasn’t enough) to tackle my 15 deep reply pile. How big is your reply pile?

National Card and Letter Writing Month was initiated as a month long initiative by the USPS by  extending its week long April holiday. They thought it was a good idea, and I for one agree. 


So today was me writing to a longtime pen friend Karen. She and I have a “thing” of referring to each other by pet names. Today was Pookie and Snookums. I look forward to letters from her because they are full of life and make me feel like we should be sitting side by side drinking a cocktail. I’m glad to have a pal like her.


Do you have a pal like Karen? Do you ever refer to your pen friends by pet names, or is it just us? I’d love to know!


Today’s mail brought an unexpected postcard surprise from Chris in the form of a tip for my upcoming trip to Puerto Rico (still 10 months away). Who knew that I’d be able to spend time in a feral cat colony in Old San Juan? The trip just went from awesome to EPIC!


If you’re interested in a postcard pal feel free to drop me a message, I’d be happy to oblige.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment