April is Also National Poetry Month

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1j7rTzl6f4Fr03dcGtB70B0SlrmvuQuJV
I don’t think I’ve ever shared a penpal letter and poetry in the same envelope. But this month a swap by the League of Extraordinary Penpals has me doing just that. You can send your own work, or you can send in that of someone else. As a high school student The Hollow Men (especially the last line - “This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper!”) by T.S. Elliot. But I think, for this swap, I’ll send in one of my own. Would you like to see one? Well, you’ve gotten this far so I’ll assume you do. 

Hearts Longing


My heart longs to belong to you. 

To feel your love every day.

Two hearts intertwining to become one.

Beating together, heartbeat, by heartbeat as one.


My heart longs to know you.

To feel your pain and joy every day.

Two souls joined together by destiny.

Sharing secrets no longer to be hidden.


My heart longs to be loved by you.

To be loved by you every second of every day.

Two people joined by fate.

Loving each other across the miles.


My heart longs to love you.

To bask in the love I feel for you every day.

Two bodies joining together as one.

Joining the two together forever.


So, what do you think? Should I share this one with my swap partner?
Do you share poems in letters? Would you share one with me? Either privately or publicly I’d love to know that side of you dear reader. If you’re not willing to send one of your own, would you be willing to share one of your favorite poems? 
Until next post, 
Tami

No comments:

Post a Comment