I Have Pen Envy

I have a horrible problem. It's a true but sad story. I didn't want to burden you with my issues, but since you are reading my blog, I figured you'd want to know.

*stands up*

Hello, my name is Tami - and I have pen envy. I want all the pens, pencils, and markers. If you happen to give me one, likely I will steal it. If I go to doctor's offices, vets, hotels etc. if they have a pen with their name on it, I want it. And I'll be honest, I'm not be too proud to beg ask for it. Here's the collection of writing instruments that I have.

Excess/Gel Pens/Zentangle Project

What I Pulled From End Table
In Bedroom
On Bedroom Dresser
In this picture you have the blue tote which carries all of my excess pens, pencils, and highlighters. On top of that is my baggie of red white and blue instruments that are for a zentangle swap I am doing for the Facebook group Zentangle Artist Trading Card Swap. I'm doing a red/white/blue patriotic swap now, and a black and white one soon. The thing in front is a 48 pack of gel pens that I received for review from a site called Tomoson.

When I cleaned out my end table next to the sofa to see how many things were in there, I came out with the next picture's worth of pens/pencils/highlighters/grease pencils (used to draw objects on the window so I can paint them)/markers. I honestly didn't realize how many things were in that drawer. So after I took the pictures I took my end table drawer and my nightstand drawers out and cleaned them up a bit and made sure all of my pen pal supplies were in the end table drawer. The end table is about to collapse under the weight of all the things I have in it. Crochet books and tons of recipe books and clippings, now add to it pen pal things and you are full of things that I have in my life.

The next picture shows you (on the left) all the markers, paint pens, and Sharpies that I own. I don't know if you can see how deep that container is, but it's quite full. And with my OCD all of the different types of writing utensils are in their own quart sized baggie. On the right you see my coloring markers, or letter writing markers if you only want to use one side of the paper (but Mother Earth will frown upon the waste of a beautiful tree, but don't think I haven't done it - because look at those colors how could you not?) and last but not least my Micron pens for my Zentangle. I have to have different thicknesses for the tangles to get the right depth of character.

The last picture (and aren't you glad) is the two containers I have on my other dresser of  things I just wanted to keep out. Some of them are things from my late husband and I just couldn't bear to keep them in a drawer and besides, I didn't have anything in my OCD scheme to put them in. And should you wonder, "Self, I wonder if all of Tami's pens and pencils actually work." The answer to your query is YES, they all work. I test them all once a year to make sure that the ink hasn't dried up, though this year I haven't quite gotten to it yet and have found a few that have dried up.

I'd like to know what you use for pens/pencils, and which are your favorites. My favorite of all times is the Champ Pentel pencil. And for the longest time I had to talk to my friend Robin (HI Rose - there's an inside joke about that - I love you!) and have her get them from the Nash Community College (shout out to the Accounting department) bookstore. So, like I said, it's time for you to share - what is your favorite?



No comments:

Post a Comment